Dogs are very welcomed guests in our Harz Mountains Hotel. Millions of four-legged friends are not just a pet in Germany but rather a full member of the family. That´s why dog owners go on Harz vacations with their furry friends. Our motto is “if the owners feels content the dog is happy as well”. Therefore, you and your furry baby will spend relaxing days at our dog friendly accommodation. Even though we are not just an exclusive dog hotel, our hotel guest´s pets are more than welcome. Our today´s travel blog entry is about useful tips for our guests to have a stress-free vacation with their dogs in the Harz region.
Harz vacation with dogs – tips you should know
- The Harz area is a very dog friendly region. The many and well signposted hiking trails and forest paths in the Harz region are ideal for long hiking tours with dogs. But please keep in mind that dogs have to be kept on a leash in the forest if the dog doesn´t stay close to the owner or listens to their commands. But you find a dog forest in Wildemann with an enclosed area where your dog can run freely through the woods and explore without being tempted to hunt wildlife.
- Swimming for dogs is allowed at most of the ponds and lakes in the Harz region unless it´s a pond for drinkable water. But to be cautious of the human bathing guests, we recommend taking your dog to the ponds and lakes which are rarely used by the other guests.
- If you want to take the narrow-gauge railway up to the Brocken with your dog you should keep these couple of things in mind: Dogs must wear a muzzle on the Brocken Railway. You also have to buy a ticket (50% off the regular price) for your dog if its bigger than 20 cm (c. 8 inches). Moreover, dogs are not allowed in the restaurants ‘Brockengaststätte’
- We ask our guests to keep their dogs on a leash inside and outside the hotel and to clean their little paws after a long walk. Also, the hotel and the neighbouring properties are not a dog´s toilet. But we are sure you understand.
- If the dog owners follow the rules above, nothing stands in the way of a relaxed Harz vacation! If you have any questions regarding the stay at our hotel with dogs, we are happy to answer them.
Wie nützlich war dieser Beitrag?
Klicken Sie auf einen Stern, um ihn zu bewerten!
Durchschnittliche Bewertung / 5. Stimmenzahl:
Es tut uns leid, dass dieser Beitrag für Sie nicht hilfreich war!
Lassen Sie uns diesen Beitrag verbessern!
Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback!